The Road Accident Fund (RAF) is a government-supported insurance fund that provides compensation to the victims of road accidents in South Africa. Every time you purchase petrol or diesel, you automatically contribute to a statutorily prescribed levy, which is used to finance the fund.

The RAF provides personal injury and death compensation to those injured in motor vehicle accidents, provided the accidents weren’t caused by the person claiming. The person responsible for the accident is also, in terms of the RAF legislation, indemnified against any claims for compensation for bodily injury (except for so-called “emotional” claims).
For more information on the road accident take a look at these informative articles or get in touch with our team at G. Grobbelaar Attorneys.

RAF claims and treatment process:

Road Accident Fund KZN, How to claim:

Claiming Loss of Income / Support from the RAF

Claiming for general damages from the road accident fund

The documents required to launch a claim with the Road Accident Fund

We are attorneys based in Ballito on the North Coast of KZN and we are ready to assist you with your legal matters. Contact us for local and reliable representation you can trust. | 087 004 1426 |