When you are injured in a motor vehicle accident you may qualify to claim from the road accident fund. Should you have sustained a serious injury, for example, losing a limb or having a serious brain injury you could qualify to claim what is referred to as general damages. General damages include compensation for pain and suffering, shock, disability because of the road accident, disfigurement, inability to participate in activities such as sport or other general activities that form part of your everyday life and shorter life expectancy.

There are several variables to determine whether or not you may qualify for compensation in terms of General damages, therefore if you are not sure it is recommended to contact an attorney so that they can provide expert advise and ensure that you will receive the most suitable damages award from the Road Accident Fund.