Road accidents are not only traumatic, they’re expensive. If you were injured as a result of the accident, you will be able to claim for loss of income from the Road Accident Fund (RAF).

What Can You Claim For?

The main thing that most people claim for is that of past and future medical expenses that you can prove were in relation to injuries that you sustained in the accident. Other claims can include:

  • Earnings that you have lost or will lose: If you are unable to attend work due to any injuries caused as a result of the accident, or if you are unable to ever return to work, you will have grounds to claim from the RAF. However, there is a limit to how much you can claim in this regard.
  • Past and future loss of support: If the main earner in your home is killed in a motor vehicle accident, you may claim from the RAF. Another annual limit applies here.
  • Funeral expenses: Some funeral expenses that you will incur can be claimed from the RAF if the person who passed away was killed in a motor vehicle accident.

We are attorneys based in Ballito on the North Coast of KZN and we are ready to assist you with your legal matters