Road Accident Fund
Have you been injured in an accident? Call us for immediate assistance!
ROAD ACCIDENT FUND CLAIMS
WHAT IS THE ROAD ACCIDENT FUND?
The Road Accident Fund is an insurance company created by the Road Accident Fund Act (the Act), and run by the Government. It receives money from the fuel levy, which it must use to fairly compensate victims of road accidents.
WHO MAY CLAIM FROM THE ROAD ACCIDENT FUND?
- A passenger in a motor vehicle ( including a passenger in a taxi or bus).
- A pedestrian.
- A driver.
- The parent(s) / guardian(s) of a minor child involved as a driver, passenger or bicyclist in a motor vehicle accident.
- A remaining spouse / child (ren) in the event that a breadwinner is deceased as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
WHAT CAN BE CLAIMED FOR?
- Past medical expenses incurred.
- Future medical expenses in the form of a undertaking given by the Road Accident Fund.
- Past loss of earnings.
- Future loss of earnings.
- Loss of support.
- General damages for pain and suffering, loss of amenities of life, emotional shock and disfigurement, but restricted to serious/sever injuries only.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF CLAIMING FROM THE ROAD ACCIDENT FUND?
- We attend to most Road Accident Fund matters on a contingency basis, in essence, a no win no fee agreement.
- A contingency fee agreement is entered into with the firm which basically means the following:
- No monies are payable by the client.
- The claim against the Road Accident Fund is attended to at risk.
- All disbursements are paid by the firm.
- The firm is entitled to a higher fee than normal.
- The firm recovers its fees and disbursements incurred only when the matter is successfully finalised.
Road Accident Fund matters are attended to on a NO WIN NO FEE basis.
Contact us for more information.